Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, November 14, 2004

New at this

I never thought I would see myself posting on a blog before. Afterall, I have really gotten after my kids about doing it before...but that was because they give out too much information where they can get hurt. Maybe I am overprotective, but I think I am just being safe. However, my SIL swears by blogging. She finds that she can really "vent" if she wants to without anyone really saying anything. I don't know. I still don't know what I think about this. Maybe I can try it for a few days and go from there.

Right now the holidays are coming up. I am madly trying to get some Christmas gifts crocheted. I am doing a southwestern blanket for my mom that is about halfway done, but I alway find that I get a little bored after awhile and need to take a break. I like to crochet, but I find that I can only do it for so long. I guess as long as that is done within the next couple of weeks I am ok.

I really love to work on Family History/Genealogy. There are few things that I have a passion for, but this is one of them. For some reason this has always come together for me. I can find people that are so elusive to others. It really makes me feel good. I really should do it more often than I do, but I find that I also have other things I have to do (that usually aren't as fun) than need to get done.

I also like to play a game called Bookworm. It is like a fancy version of Boggle. It has a lot more tiles and they start to burn if you do not get words. My kids think it is crazy that I play the game so much. They don't realize it is the same game played over several days. I find that it keeps my mind sharp...at least as far as my vocabulary is concerned.

Anyway, that is me in a nutshell.

5 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Awesome blog Crafttoluv!! Now, you need to join the Crochet Blogs Webring! ;) http://www.yarntomato.com/crochetblogs/

~~Luvtocraft
http://luvtocraft.blogspot.com/

November 15, 2004 at 2:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome to blogdom!!!!!!

November 15, 2004 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If you keep writing, I'll keep reading...always glad to see more crochet bloggers! And yes, on some days, blogs and ranting are a GOD send. lol

November 16, 2004 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Welcome! Glad to have discovered your blog. I just started mine and find it to be lots of fun. I was not sure if I would have enough to say, but find I can manage quite well. I love that game too! I discovered several great word games on the MSN Games Zone website! Have a great day!

November 17, 2004 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger kellycoxsemple said...

One of the things I'm quickly learning about the blog community is the ease with which one finds people with similar situations. I, too, just started my blog and on a bit of a whim. I was just following the "next blog" link when I found yours, and discovered not only your newbie status like mine, but also that you like Bookworm. How funny, me too! I was a Boggle fan from way back (Upwards, too), and so the first time I found it online, it spoke to me. Birds of a feather in a very large nest! Best of luck in your blogging. :)

November 18, 2004 at 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home