Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Coming together

crafttoluv

Well it looks like my PTA project has come together. And, if it hasn't, it is almost over and there isn't anything I can do now. I am winding down on that project and gearing up for Thanksgiving dinner. I have some decorating to do but my daughter was nice enough to do the shopping off of a list I had made.

I think of Thanksgiving and feel sad sometimes. I think it is one of the best holidays we have yet it seems to be forgotten year after year. It celebrates how two very different cultures got together and forgot about all their differences. If that isn't enough of a lesson, think about how it makes you pause and think of all the blessings you have in your life. I know I have a tendency to be pessimistic a lot of times. Life has beaten me down more times than I care to admit....but even with all that, I have NO DOUBT IN MY MIND that I have more things to be thankful for than not to be thankful for! I hope I can incorporate that belief into my children...the good really does outweigh the bad and there is always hope.

Ok...off the soap box! I can get on it once in awhile, but hopefully no one takes offense. I am not trying to offend, just trying to put on "virtual paper" the things that are in my head.

I am still not sure when my in-laws are coming for Thanksgiving. I hope they will let me know before they pull into my driveway! Right now they are acting more like MY parents than my husband's parents. I am worried that everything won't be clean enough. I KNOW my carpets aren't clean enough! Who ever decided to put light beige carpet in family homes should be shot!!! If I could afford to change the color while my children are little, I definitely would!

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

I am finding the older I get, the more I love Thanksgiving. I think maybe I am growing up [if that is possible], and I realize that there are so many things to be thankful for.

I hope Thanksgiving doesn't turn out to be stressful. Hopefully your in-laws will call soon and let you know when they are coming. (I haven't heard from them recently, either.)

I miss you guys during the Holidays! Wish we were closer and could do Thanksgiving with you. I miss your green bean casserole with the frozen beans. ;)

November 23, 2004 at 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home