Name:
Location: United States

Friday, November 26, 2004

Busiest Shopping Day of the Year

crafttoluv

Let me just begin by saying that I made it through Thanksgiving ok. My oldest daughters were quite helpful this year in helping with making the dinner. In fact, they took the initiative to do things I didn't even ask them to (that rarely EVER happens!). It was nice to see how helpful everyone was and how everyone got along.

Anyway, I went out and did the crazy shopping today. Let me just say I am so tired and ready to sleep. I waited in line for 2 1/2 hours in one store just to have one piece of fabric measured and cut and cut just to move to another line to wait another 30 minutes to check out. I would have waited that long if it weren't a family tradition.

I made it through Thanksgiving and managed not to decorate for Christmas at all. I am proud of myself. Of course now I am looking to do that. I find that is never a problem since my kids are so willing to help with Christmas decorating. In fact, sometimes they help "too much" and I have to wait until they are gone to fix things the way they are supposed to be.

Happy Holidays to everyone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

I'm glad Thanksgiving turned out okay. :)

Wow, you are brave shopping today. We went out for a quick gift at a hardware store, so there wasn't a long wait.

Get some rest, and then you can worry about Christmas decor!!

~~Luvtocraft

November 26, 2004 at 7:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love decorating for Christmas! Me and the boyfriend have been slowly doing things, in preperation for the big day when we put up the tree...our first together. It should be a wonderful holiday.

November 27, 2004 at 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home